[tor-relays] Questions to ask exit node providers

Moritz Bartl moritz at torservers.net
Thu Nov 22 20:34:52 UTC 2018

That's not true. I found plenty of providers that do WHOIS
reassignments, for typical rented servers in the 50-100 Euro price
range. OVH does it for any customer, Hetzner does it for any customer,
regardless of price. (They are both not suitable for exits though)

It is purely a matter of labor, going through the typical hoster lists
and offers, collecting lots of sales@ addresses, and sending them a mass
email that you are interested in their server offers but need WHOIS
reassignment. I would not mention Tor in the first email. This is how we
started, with mails to ~50 hosting providers.

Moritz

On 18.11.18 12:44, niftybunny wrote:
> Sorry, but not sorry for being the (negative) realistic guy here:
>
> This will not happen in RL life. If you are working at a Fortune 500 company and you are ordering hosting for millions a year, sure, but not in the “normal” mass hosting market.
>
> Markus
>

>> On 17. Nov 2018, at 23:59, Roger Dingledine <arma at mit.edu> wrote:
>>
>> In addition to the 'price' question that nifty suggested, you might
>> also ask about whether they can SWIP the address so you are listed in
>> the whois entry. That way many of the abuse complaints will go directly
>> to you and not to the ISP.
>>
>> See also
>> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/TorExitGuidelines
>> and