[tor-relays] Updating tor relay software to 0.3.4.9 through google backup and sync on Windows 10

Keifer Bly keifer.bly at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 00:31:35 UTC 2018

Hello list,

So I am in a bit of a dilemma. I am currently away from the computer where
my obfs4 bridge at
https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/148BD64BED9F2C27637D986DE032ECF14E5B9E9A
runs off of and will be so for the next two weeks. I had set up TeamViewer
so I could remote administer my bridge while I could not physically access
the machine.

But then, like a complete dork, I forgot TeamViewer automatically changes
the connection password every few days or so, I am waiting to hear back
from them if they can reset it for me. I am trying to access it because my
bridge is currently running tor 0.3.4.8 (via the tor expert bundle) and am
trying to update it to tor 0.3.4.9,  but now may not be able to do so
because the TeamViewer password changed (smacks face for forgetting it does
that).

I am running my relay via the tor expert bundle, which is just checked and
is still on tor 0.3.4.8 (I  am guessing the tor expert bundle is updated on
a somewhat different schedule). I use Google Backup and Sync to
automatically backup my tor bridge keys, etc, and tor.exe is also backed
up. Probably not, but I  wonder if there would be a way to upload  tor
0.3.4.9.exe in place of 0.3.4.8 and sync it to my computer? Probably not as
this bridge is running on a  Windows machine, but thoughts are appreciated.
Thank you.