[tor-relays] Questions to ask exit node providers

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Sat Nov 17 22:59:43 UTC 2018

On Sat, Nov 17, 2018 at 01:32:16PM -0800, F67 Group wrote:
> We are thinking of running a Tor Exit Node. Does anybody have a list
> of questions to ask before purchasing a VPS or colocation? I came up
> with some basic questions:
>
> - Do you allow a Tor exit node? [with explanation]
> - What are the policies for handling abuse complaints?
> - How much uplink bandwidth do you provide?
>
> Any other questions one should ask?

In addition to the 'price' question that nifty suggested, you might
also ask about whether they can SWIP the address so you are listed in
the whois entry. That way many of the abuse complaints will go directly
to you and not to the ISP.

See also
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/TorExitGuidelines
and