[tor-relays] Bridge Relay Internet Speed Much Slower Than Actual Internet Speed

Keifer Bly keifer.bly at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 23:52:57 UTC 2018

Hello List, my bridge relay at https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/148BD64BED9F2C27637D986DE032ECF14E5B9E9A
Is reporting the relay speed is between 50 kb/s and 60 kb/s, when the speed of the internet connection it is running off of is actually much faster than this, generally about 50mbps (the relay is running on a home internet connection, where the isp is Charter Communications / Spectrum). As a result, I have the “fast” flag on/off randomly.

I do not want my bridge to suck up a huge amount of my internet speed, but why would the  tor software report relay speed that is so much slower than the speed of the internet connection it runs off of?

Any thoughts are appreciated, thank you.