[tor-relays] Running relay on vmware ? is it secure to use Tor on virtual systems ?

Nathaniel Suchy me at lunorian.is
Fri Nov 2 19:52:56 UTC 2018

Ideally the relays should be run on a machine (or in this case a VM)
dedicated to running the relay. If the VM (or hardware) is seized, you
don't want the disk you browse the internet from, to be the same as your
Tor relays disk. Also it's recommended to run Tor Browser directly on your
home computer instead of on a VPS for example to minimize the points of
failure with ability to spy on your traffic. (e.g. your VPS provider could
silently record a VNC Server, but recording your home laptop would be a bit
harder to do without your knowledge [not impossible, but harder]).

Cordially,
Nathaniel Suchy