[tor-relays] Running A Bridge Alongside My Relay

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Sun May 27 02:56:44 UTC 2018

On 05/26/2018 03:10 PM, Keifer Bly wrote:
> They do support  port forwarding, I have used it before. I have just only ever used their service before with Windows so may need to get used to it some on Linux.  Is there a guide to setting up an obfuscated bridge on Debian? I am aware this may not work fantastically as virtual machines can be a pain, and also the vpn may not be the best way to run a relay, but will try it to see if it works out ok.

Well, their website isn't very helpful about how to do it :)

This looks like a decent guide:
https://dcamero.azurewebsites.net/tor-obfs4-bridge.html

But maybe you'd be happier using nano as editor, instead of vi ;)

In /etc/tor/torrc you'd want "PublishServerDescriptor 1" instead of
"PublishServerDescriptor 0".