[tor-relays] Tor Software Update Question

Valter Jansons valter.jansons at gmail.com
Thu May 24 06:17:17 UTC 2018

> Here is something I have noticed,  my computer says it’s running
> tor 0.3.3.6 (upgraded today), but my status at
> https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/DB1AF6477BB276B6EA5E72132684096EEE779D30
> says it’s running a different version (0.3.2.10). Any idea on why this might
> be happening?

As the uptime is more than 27 days, I would guess the Tor server
software itself has not been restarted to actually use the updated
version (0.3.3.6) and it still running on the old version (0.3.2.10)
that was installed previously.

I have not worked on macOS services, but as I understand it, executing
`sudo launchctl stop servicename && sudo launchctl stop servicename`
should do the job for restarting the service, and `sudo launchctl
list` should show the list of services so that you can find the
service name itself. Maybe just restarting the box is an easier method
of restarting the Tor service.

-- 4096R/A83CE748 Valters Jansons