[tor-relays] Setting up tor relay

Yash Kumar yashkr.99 at gmail.com
Wed May 23 05:18:10 UTC 2018

Dear all,
 I want to setup my machine as a tor relay. I am using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS on
a Intel i5 processor with 4 GB of memory.
I followed the instructions given on this link
<https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/TorRelayGuide>, but was
getting some issue. In one of the later steps, it says "Verify that your
relay works". This is done by checking my logfile(syslog) contains the
following text:

"Self-testing indicates your ORPort is reachable from the outside.
Excellent. Publishing server descriptor."

I checked the syslog by the command:

$ cat /var/log/syslog

To bring it to your knowledge, I have followed all the previous steps
mentioned on that link
<https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/TorRelayGuide>, and was
successfully able to execute all the commands. I would request you to
please help me out in setting up my machine as  a relay to make tor network
faster and more usable.

Thank you,
Yash Kumar