[tor-relays] Bridge to Relay Balance Notice

Keifer Bly keifer.bly at gmail.com
Fri May 18 21:20:18 UTC 2018

Hello List,

There are some things I have noticed, I have been getting emails from this list regarding people setting up groups of new relays. I have also noticed that according to https://metrics.torproject.org/networksize.html, there are around 6-7 thousand public relays running in the network, and only about 1,500 to 2,000 bridge relays running (I’m guessing a fair number of which aren’t even obfuscated). Seeing as there is only roughly ¼ the number or bridges available as there are public tor relays, I think that it would be a good idea for new people running groups of relays to run one of their new relays as a bridge, especially with censorship growing in some countries such as the United Kingdom and even I’ve heard some US isps starting to block websites.

Please let me know what you all think, thank you.