[tor-relays] Relay advocate introduction

torix at protonmail.com torix at protonmail.com
Thu May 17 21:44:18 UTC 2018

Dear Colin,

Perhaps your new role would cover this - I understand from the list that the uneven distribution of the Tor network around the world is a concern.  My first thought is that I should run a relay in India, which has a robust internet, and speaks English.  However, I don't know whom to contact over there to set something up.  I was wondering if it might be worth producing a list of ISPs and urls in preferred geographically distributed countries.

Maybe we have this resource already, but the closest page I've found is the Good/Bad ISPs page:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/GoodBadISPs
but that includes mostly countries with  high percentages of tor relays, and is mostly about ISP responses to exit nodes.

If I were a new person who wanted to run a relay, I would probably use the cloud provider I know about or have connections with already.  If I had a list of providers/urls in other countries, however, there would be a better chance I would set it up somewhere else.

Just thinking..

--Torix

​Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.​