[tor-relays] lets stop using central big DNS resolvers (Google, Level3, OpenDNS, Quad9, Cloudflare)

Andrew Deason adeason at dson.org
Sat May 12 03:54:06 UTC 2018

On Thu, 10 May 2018 22:37:00 +0000
Tyler Durden <virii at enn.lu> wrote:

> All our nodes are using a local DNS caching server and only use google
> as a fallback.

I was also using google just as a fallback; I've now changed my node to
just use a local resolver, with no fallback.

Neither the email from nusenu nor the documentation pointed to actually
says which of these options is preferable. If you (nusenu) are looking
to reduce the exits using these resolvers, I'd suggest explicitly also
saying to not use them even as a fallback after a local resolver
(assuming that's what you want). Maybe you had intended this to come
across with the existing text, but I don't think it's obvious enough.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason at dson.org