[tor-relays] PSA regarding Quad9 DNS Resolver

Matthew Finkel matthew.finkel at gmail.com
Fri May 11 15:04:17 UTC 2018

On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 07:41:45AM -0400, Nathaniel Suchy (Lunorian) wrote:
> Like OpenDNS, Quad9 is a censoring DNS resolver and exits using it are / should be considered bad exits. I haven’t seen any exits using it yet however I thought I’d bring it up. Thoughts?

Yes, but nusenu's email is the better course of action. Using Quad9 is
one of the examples listed on the wiki page for why a relay is marked as
a badexit [0], but if the operator can simply change their
configuration then that is a significantly better solution.

[0] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/ReportingBadRelays