[tor-relays] Help With Autoupdating Tor Software

Iain Learmonth irl at torproject.org
Wed May 2 18:45:52 UTC 2018

Hi,

On 02/05/18 19:20, Keifer Bly wrote:
> One more question, if I were to restart my relay now, would that mean that my mid time between failures would NOT get closer to 6 days? That’s what is at now.

Assuming that you just restart it and it comes right back up again, and
it's for the purpose of a software update, you should just restart it
regardless.

I'm not sure if a change in the last restarted date will affect your
MTBF, but it's probably more important to update the relay and then
worry about keeping it stable.

Thanks,
Iain.