[tor-relays] Hello new exit operator F3 Netze

nusenu nusenu-lists at riseup.net
Sat Mar 24 13:51:00 UTC 2018

Hi Tim,

>> I saw you recently added 8 new
>> tor exit instances and wanted to thank you for
>> contributing exit bandwidth to the tor network!
> At the moment this is a (small) Host with 10 GBE and multiple
> addresses. I hope the computing power is enough to handle a bunch of
> Tor traffic. We need to get a bit more experience with that.

May I ask what CPU you use and how much memory the system has?

>> I saw your have IPv6 addresses [2]. If your connectivity/routing
>> allows also
>> for IPv6 exiting and ORPorts, enabling IPv6 on your exits would be
>> great and appreciated.
> Currently we still building up the network. So, yes, it's planned and
> in the last hour we configured the addresses. But it will take some
> time until the prefix is announced completely.

Note that if you enable IPv6 without having proper IPv6 connectivity your
relays will drop out of consensus, so it is best to ensure proper
IPv6 connectivity before enabling IPv6 on your relays.

> Yes, it's the ansible-relayor. Great work, and btw: Thank you!
>
> But unfortunately, atlas recognized only the two instances on the main
> IP.

You can _not_ have more than two tor instances per public IPv4 address.
This is to avoid that someone adds many instances on a single IP (Sybil attack).
Unless you modify it, ansible-relayor makes sure you do not configure
more than 2 instances per IPv4.

> So I manipulated the template a bit, so that the 'Address'-config
> is added to the torrc. I'm currently unsure if it's a bug or if I've a
> misunderstanding. Still learning.. ;)

Unless you have some unusual NAT you should never need to add the "Address"
config (ansible-relayor supports it after someone with a rather unusual
network setup requested it).

If I'm misunderstanding you, or if there is a bug in ansible-relayor
please let me know.

>> thanks for joining the network and happy packet forwarding!
> Please don't hesitate to contact me if there is any problem with our
> Tor relay.

It is always good to be able to reach relay operators, thanks.
nusenu

--
https://mastodon.social/@nusenu
twitter: @nusenu_