[tor-relays] Hello new exit operator F3 Netze

Tim Niemeyer tim at tn-x.org
Sat Mar 24 13:39:00 UTC 2018

Hi Nusenu

Am Samstag, den 24.03.2018, 10:18 +0000 schrieb nusenu:
> I saw you recently added 8 new
> tor exit instances and wanted to thank you for
> contributing exit bandwidth to the tor network!
At the moment this is a (small) Host with 10 GBE and multiple
addresses. I hope the computing power is enough to handle a bunch of
Tor traffic. We need to get a bit more experience with that.

> Should there arise questions related to the operations of tor relays
> you can reach out to the public tor-relays mailing list [0].
> Your AS information is not yet in Maxmind's databases so it
> does not show yet on Relay Search [1] pages but this will solve
> itself over time.
>
> I saw your have IPv6 addresses [2]. If your connectivity/routing
> allows also
> for IPv6 exiting and ORPorts, enabling IPv6 on your exits would be
> great and appreciated.
Currently we still building up the network. So, yes, it's planned and
in the last hour we configured the addresses. But it will take some
time until the prefix is announced completely.

> Looking at your ORPorts and your perfect MyFamily configuration this
> looks
> like an ansible-relayor setup, in which case IPv6 will be
> automatically
> enabled on the next playbook run once the servers have IPv6
> addresses
> (if you didn't opt-out).
Yes, it's the ansible-relayor. Great work, and btw: Thank you!

But unfortunately, atlas recognized only the two instances on the main
IP. So I manipulated the template a bit, so that the 'Address'-config
is added to the torrc. I'm currently unsure if it's a bug or if I've a
misunderstanding. Still learning.. ;)

> thanks for joining the network and happy packet forwarding!
Please don't hesitate to contact me if there is any problem with our
Tor relay.

Regards
Tim