[tor-relays] arm crashes

Gary jaffacakemonster53 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 10:01:41 UTC 2018

Hello. It is good you got it working,

On 23 March 2018 at 05:04, smichel0 <smichel0 at protonmail.com> wrote:

> Tor has now a uptime of about 22 hrs, it ran with an up-/download-average
> of about 47 KB/sec which is really low.
> Now there is no up- or download at all.

If it is a new relay it takes at least a week for for the usage to go up,
as documented here https://blog.torproject.org/lifecycle-new-relay

You can speedtest your relay to make sure if is working, it uses the
command line version of www.speedtest.net. **Don't do this often so not to
put any strain on the network!!!**

Do this in one terminal with nyx open in another. For extra fun also have
top/htop open and see the CPU increase during the test.

sudo apt-get install speedtest-cli
torsocks --shell
speedtest-cli
exit

Note the use of exit using torsocks.

About the /home/cache/pip errors. I am sorry, I am not an expert in python
/ pip, if pip's cache is disabled I guess it means next time you install a
python program from pip it will be slow.

Thanks.