[tor-relays] Hidden service error in log

Gary jaffacakemonster53 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 23:29:32 UTC 2018

Hello

On 20 March 2018 at 11:01, George Kadianakis <desnacked at riseup.net> wrote:

> Gary <jaffacakemonster53 at gmail.com> writes:
> Hmm,
>
> this could be explained by a few different reasons and this could be a
> hint that we should make this log a bit more silent instead of having it
> bark loudly for no reason. The onion service should recover anyhow
> (please let us know if it doesn't).
>
> The most likely reason you are launching more intro circuits than
> needed, is that your guard (or some other node) is overworked and it's
> failing some of your circuits, so you are launching more of them in
> hopes to get them across. There might be other possible reasons too.
>
> If you give us info logs we might be able to get more details about this.
> But it's probably not something you should worry about (and probably
> something we should not alert you about).
>
> Thanks!

I have looked back at my logs, my relay reboots every few days and the
messages are not always there during / after startup so thank you for
taking the time to explain this to me.

As I said it is just a "Hello World" / demo site and everything still works
and loads I think that I can live with the messages lol.

Thanks.