[tor-relays] Tor program

Colin Childs colin at torproject.org
Thu Mar 15 09:55:19 UTC 2018

Hi Arisbe,

Here are some resources that may come in helpful, please feel free to reach out directly if you need any clarification or additional resources.

1. https://www.eff.org/pages/tor-and-https <https://www.eff.org/pages/tor-and-https> this interactive graphic helps illustrate what Tor and HTTPS do.

2. https://support-staging.torproject.org/ <https://support-staging.torproject.org/> our new support portal, and will eventually also live at support.torproject.org <http://support.torproject.org/>, however it is currently already much nicer than the wiki. This has answers to frequently asked questions for a number of topics. If you find something missing or encounter an issue with the website, please let us know!

3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWII85UlzKw <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWII85UlzKw> this is an animation about how the Tor Browser / Tor network can protect your privacy, we also have this in a number of languages available on the same channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTorProject/videos <https://www.youtube.com/user/TheTorProject/videos>.

4. https://media.torproject.org/ <https://media.torproject.org/> this hosts a number of older presentations about Tor. These may help you in putting together your own slide deck, if that was a direction you were going in.

5. https://tb-manual.torproject.org/ <https://tb-manual.torproject.org/> This is our Tor Browser user manual. This also includes some information about censorship circumvention and accessing onion services. This is currently lagging behind the current Tor Browser release slightly as we wait for translations of some new strings. You will find the screenshots in the “alpha” folder have been updated to match the current Tor Browser release.

6. https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/TorRelayGuide <https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/TorRelayGuide> this is our new guide to running Tor relays. This may be overly technical for your talk, however it will give you a good idea of how the relays in the network are run.