[tor-relays] new Tor exit

Arisbe arisbe at cni.net
Thu Mar 15 06:03:27 UTC 2018

Hello all,

I rolled out a new Tor exit [0] this morning West Coast U.S. time.  It's
special to me because I've negotiated the trust of a host company in
Albania.  I was the first Tor relay in that country and now I'm the
first exit relay there.  This trust took me a year to establish.  I run
a number of relays-both exit and non-exit.  I run a dozen bridges for
people that need the ISP connectivity.  I host classes in Southwest
Washington State to teach ordinary people how to be safe while they're
on the internet.  I teach high-school pupils how to set up and operate
Tor relays.

Here is my problem:  The aforementioned relay has been on for nearly
24-hours and not a single user has frequented my doorsteps.  I have had
seven of the nine authorities parked in this node for most of the time
but no inbound connections (except for those referenced and two
hackers)  and no outbound or exit connections.  There is nothing
technically wrong with the installation so what gives.  I this an issue
of administrative paperwork?  While I am very supportive of Tor, I am
not with unlimited patience.  I have a job, wife and kids and money pit
house to maintain.

Thanks for giving me a bit of advice to make this guy blossom. If I
don't understand, I apologize to all.

Arisbe

[0]  516D1B9E22484202322828D8CAC30325030017E2