[tor-relays] middle relay connexions dropped in half

Edwin mytormail at posteo.net
Wed Mar 14 19:12:48 UTC 2018

On 14.03.2018 03:56, teor wrote:
>> On 13 Mar 2018, at 20:51, mytormail <mytormail at posteo.net> wrote:
>>
>> I just doesn't feel right if donated capacity isn't used.
>
> Oh, but your relay's spare capacity *is* used.
> Just not the way you think.

Hi teor,

Thanks for your reassuring words. :)
I just wait a few weeks and see what happens. DoS mitigation will have
it's impact I guess.
One of my relays has a lot circuits rejected compared to my other
relays:

"DoS mitigation since startup: 79258 circuits rejected, 14 marked
addresses. 701 connections closed. 1287 single hop clients refused."
Six hours after the upgrade it rejected 56722 circuits already..
So it seems to have a big impact indeed.

Regards,

Edwin.