[tor-relays] ISP Nat

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 03:13:26 UTC 2018

> On 14 Mar 2018, at 01:28, Paul Templeton <paul at coffswifi.net> wrote:
>
> Thanks nusenu
>
>> I'd say this is broken network and ask them to fix it.
> Ticket has been lodge but it takes for ever to get something done - The node has been off line for two weeks now (After a power issue in the rack). There has been issue after issue getting the system up again and now this. Was just wondering if you can force DNS requests on ip's 95.130.12.251 and/or 95.130.12.252 as they are not affected.

Tor doesn't have a DNS OutboundBindAddress, but there are two ways you
can do it:
* change the default route to one of these IP addresses
* run a caching resolver, and tell it to bind to one of these IP addresses

I would recommend using a caching resolver, it puts much less load on the
remote resolvers you are using.