[tor-relays] middle relay connexions dropped in half

Gary jaffacakemonster53 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 10:40:05 UTC 2018

Hello,

On 11 March 2018 at 22:02, <torix at protonmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, Gary; I was just wondering, since I think of mine as a typical
> small relay, and wondered if others had noticed the same differences.

Before December, my accountingmax was 3GB, I had to increase it to 8GB stop
it from hibernating midday. Now it probably only uses about 3 or 4GB a day.

Again, I am not an expert, but I looked in to this on Relay Search. On the
2018-02-10 Tor version 3.3.2-alpha was released containing important DoS
mitigation features and the number of users actually went up, then settled
down a bit (under the 4 million mark it was earlier in the month). It
wasn't until 2018-03-03 that several versions of Tor were released
containing DoS mitigation back ports that the user numbers really lowered,
now under the 3 million mark.

Of course I could be wrong and there could be other factors in play. Also
for some unknown reason, when I checked yesterday Relay Search had no user
data for 2018-02-28.

Thanks,

Gary