[tor-relays] Exit Relay

Gary jaffacakemonster53 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 13:01:39 UTC 2018

Hello,

On 6 March 2018 at 00:06, Damian Johnson <atagar at torproject.org> wrote:

> > I switched to nyx and it is fine allthough on deeper inspection the IP
> to <scrubbed> is actually my IP so clearly this is a bug.
>
> Hi Gary. Sorry, not sure I follow. Are you saying Nyx (not arm) is
> labeling these as 'Outbound' but still scrubbing the address?

When I switched to nyx the problem was gone - nyx did not list any *exit*
connections.

Before I copied & pasted arm's output (see first email) I changed the IP
address in the first column to the words "IP". It turns out that IP was
mine so there was no point in removing it for security as its already on
Atlas.

On 5 March 2018 at 23:15, Roger Dingledine <arma at mit.edu> wrote:

> I am guessing those are self-reachability tests and self-speed tests
> that your relay does by making circuits back to itself.

Its worth noting that I have seen circuits on arm / nyx as part of reach
ability tests like this (ref:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/12956):

76.99.61.63            -->  188.138.17.248 (fr)               3.1m
(CIRCUIT)
 │  83.168.200.204 (se)      ParadiseTorRelay1                   1 / Guard

 │  18.181.5.37 (us)         VERITAS                             2 / Middle

 └─ 188.138.17.248 (fr)      EuropeCoastDE                       3 / Exit

However this is the first time arm has shown me "exit" connections like
list on first email.

Hope that helps you.

Gary.