[tor-relays] One pubblic IP, two or more relay on different ports

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 21:43:30 UTC 2018

> On 5 Mar 2018, at 00:20, MLTorNode <ml.tor.node at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Mar 04 04:31:37.000 [notice] Your relay has a very large number of connections to other relays. Is your outbound address the same as your relay address?

Does your NAT box have multiple IP addresses?
Does it have an IPv4 and IPv6 address, and is the IPv6 address configured on
your relay?

This might be an issue with your NAT.
Does it support 14000 simultaneous connections?
Most consumer NATs don't.
(There are 7000 relays, and every one will try to connection every other relay.)

> Found 15 connections to 10 relays. Found 15 current canonical connections, in 0 of which we were a non-canonical peer. 5 relays had more than 1 connection, 0 had more than 2, and 0 had more than 4 connections.
> Mar 04 05:31:35.000 [notice] Heartbeat: Tor's uptime is 5:59 hours, with 0 circuits open. I've sent 7.50 MB and received 17.31 MB.
> Mar 04 05:31:35.000 [notice] Circuit handshake stats since last time: 0/0 TAP, 21/21 NTor.
> Mar 04 05:31:35.000 [notice] Since startup, we have initiated 0 v1 connections, 0 v2 connections, 0 v3 connections, and 9 v4 connections; and received 0 v1 connections, 3 v2 connections, 0 v3 connections, and 18 v4 connections.

It looks like a small number of other relay have connected twice to your relay,
or you connected to them, and they connected back. The problem should
go away after a week when the connections rotate.