[tor-relays] Port not rechable

Matthew Finkel matthew.finkel at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 19:42:11 UTC 2018

On Fri, Mar 02, 2018 at 08:27:29PM +0100, peter.zehetner at liwest.at wrote:
> Hi, I'm still trying to run a tor delay. Here's the error:

Thank you for running a relay.

> Your server (81.10.248.112:80) has not managed to confirm that its DirPort is reachable. Relays do not publish descriptors until their ORPort and DirPort are reachable.

I do not see port 80 open, either:

$ torsocks nc -v 81.10.248.112 80
Ncat: Version 7.40 ( https://nmap.org/ncat )
Ncat: Connection timed out.

> But canyouseeme.org said: Your ISP is not blocking port 80

Maybe "not blocking" does not mean "is open".

Are you running this relay at your home? If yes, then that is not
recommended, but you may need to allow port 80 on your firewall/router.
You may need to use port forwarding or add your computer into the DMZ
(if your router supports this).

If you're not running this relay from home, is the server directly
connected to the Internet or is there a router/switch/blackbox in the
middle?