[tor-relays] Contact info obfscation

nusenu nusenu-lists at riseup.net
Sat Jun 30 13:02:00 UTC 2018

> I am aware that email addresses used in the “ContactInfo: “ in a
> relay operator’s torrc file is publicly listed on the tor relay.
> However, what I am wondering, is there a way to obfuscate the email
> address on
> http://torstatus.blutmagie.de/router_detail.php?FP=db1af6477bb276b6ea5e72132684096eee779d30
> to appear as “k—f---b-- at g-ail.com” or something of the sorts, while
> keeping the real email address readable for tor cloud

I'm not sure I know what you mean with "tor cloud" can you
describe what you mean?

> It seems like obfuscating the email address in the torrc file
> would cause it to become unreadable to the tor project as well.

the contact info string will be published the same way you put it in your
torrc configuratin file if you want to make it harder for email address
harvesters / spammers to send you email you can obfuscate
it however you like.

in the following spec I'm using a specific way to obfuscate the "@"
sign with a "[]" so I can process email addresses automatically,
but it is up to you how you obfuscate your address

https://github.com/nusenu/ContactInfo-Information-Sharing-Specification#email

--
https://twitter.com/nusenu_
https://mastodon.social/@nusenu