[tor-relays] Contact info obfscation

Keifer Bly keifer.bly at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 00:22:23 UTC 2018

Hello,

I am aware that email addresses used in the “ContactInfo: “ in a relay operator’s torrc file is publicly listed on the tor relay. However, what I am wondering, is there a way to obfuscate the email address on http://torstatus.blutmagie.de/router_detail.php?FP=db1af6477bb276b6ea5e72132684096eee779d30 to appear as “k—f---b-- at g-ail.com” or something of the sorts, while keeping the real email address readable for tor cloud to send mail to? It seems like obfuscating the email address in the torrc file would cause it to become unreadable to the tor project as well.

Thank you.