[tor-relays] Tor Exit Node Winter Shutdown

Jason Odoom jasonodoom at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 16:05:20 UTC 2018

Hello relay operators,

I regret to inform you all that I will be shutting down my Tor Exit node  -
Winter [0] after more than five years.  Digital Ocean's new bandwidth
policy has made it incredibly expensive to keep this online. I incurred
almost $200 of usage. I was lucky enough to have received a deduction off
of my bill. I also believe that in this case asking for donations will do
little to help. I did not host this Exit node for accolade but because I
truly believe in what the Tor project is doing. I will allocate my budget
for the Exit node towards monthly contributions to Tor as an alternative.
Hopefully in the future I will be able to return. It's been fun.

0:
https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/9EC5E097663862DF861A18C32B37C5F82284B27D

Best,
Jason