[tor-relays] A general question for relay operators

Keifer Bly keifer.bly at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 05:28:51 UTC 2018

➢ Has anyone wondered why the number of nodes is so incredibly low?
If by that you mean why there are fewer relays than there are tor users (clients), I’d say there are several reasons for this.
Not everybody can run a relay, it requires having a router that can smoothly handle the load (or data center), an ISP that allows relays to be run, and not every person who uses tor has that. Far from everybody who installs the tor browser on their computer configures a relay for those reasons and because they don’t want to donate their internet speed. It’s a shame as the network would be faster and stronger otherwise, but that is the case.

➢ I’d like to see a collection of correct answers perhaps searchable
Try tor stack exchange (https://tor.stackexchange.com/) There are loads other questions about operating the tor software with answers, and you can ask a question yourself. Cheers.