[tor-relays] No IPv6 bridges from bridges.torproject.org

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 05:26:56 UTC 2018

> On 26 Jun 2018, at 20:54, Roman Mamedov <rm at romanrm.net> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> If you select "Do you need IPv6 addresses - Yes", it always results in an
> error "There aren't any bridges available". No matter if choosing obfs4 or
> none for the pluggable transport. Is that thing working?
>
> There should be at least one available (with obfs4, too), or at least I was
> under impression that I run one.

The bridge authority has had issues with IPv6 connectivity in the past.
Perhaps we can tweak its configuration so it treats IPv6 bridges as
reachable?

Or maybe the issue is in BridgeDB.

I opened this ticket:

The bridge distribution system needs some work.
(We're trying to make it better, but it's a slow process.)

> As a side note, that page always loads in my native language with no way to
> switch to English -- pages which do this are the worst. In this case it means
> I can't usefully copy-paste you the exact error messages that I get.

Thanks, this is really important feedback.
We're doing a website redesign that includes a language menu.

But it might be a while before we can fix BridgeDB:

teor

ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n