[tor-relays] Relay Guide - IPv6 Connectivity Testing

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 18:31:55 UTC 2018

On 26 Jun 2018, at 02:40, nusenu <nusenu-lists at riseup.net> wrote:

>> It would also be nice if the relay, itself, performed self-checks of
>> this connectivity and printed a warning log if some failure-threshold is
>> reached (and possibly disabling the IPv6 ORPort). But, in reality, this
>> is a hack
>
> I wouldn't call it a 'hack', I'd consider it a reliability feature.

Relays already check that their IPv4 ORPorts are working.

Doing reachability checks for relay IPv6 ORPorts is a bit more
complicated, because we have to teach relays to extend over IPv6 first.

Here's the master ticket:

And if relays use authority IPv6 ORPorts to upload descriptors, they
will get connectivity checks for free: