[tor-relays] Tor Relay Operators Needs

Eran Sandler eran at sandler.co.il
Wed Jun 20 15:02:54 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 5:52 PM nusenu <nusenu-lists at riseup.net> wrote:

> 1+2 (including template support) are implemented in
> https://github.com/nusenu/ansible-relayor

Thanks. I'll take a look.

> Yes DirPort does not speak TLS, but since 443 is also best used
> for ORPort (because it is often one of the ports that are allowed to pass
> through firewalls)
>  - https is not possible on the same IP (when already used by the ORPort).

Well... that's kind of a hack to handle ORPort going through in various
hosting scenarios. I would say it should be used as a last resort and not
as the default. I don't know what ORPort most relays use (I guess I can get
that from onionoo to some degree) but I do want to hope they are not all
riding 443 (I know I don't use 443 for my ORPort on both relays).

Eran