[tor-relays] Tor Relay Operators Needs

nusenu nusenu-lists at riseup.net
Wed Jun 20 14:52:00 UTC 2018

Eran Sandler:
> I understand that but my issues with this feature are:
>
>    1. It requires configuration and doesn't come preconfigured.
>    2. You need to manually edit the HTML to include various information
>    (maybe adding templating support will allow to embed certain ContactInfo
>    inside the page itself when being served).

1+2 (including template support) are implemented in
https://github.com/nusenu/ansible-relayor

>    3. It doesn't support, as far as I can see (maybe I'm missing it) HTTPS
>    support - which I think in this day and age is kinda mandatory. And if we
>    are on the HTTPS bandwagon let's encrypt integration would go a long way.

Yes DirPort does not speak TLS, but since 443 is also best used
for ORPort (because it is often one of the ports that are allowed to pass through firewalls)
 - https is not possible on the same IP (when already used by the ORPort).

--
https://twitter.com/nusenu_
https://mastodon.social/@nusenu