[tor-relays] Fwd: Tor Guard Relay

Roman Mamedov rm at romanrm.net
Sat Jun 9 05:17:12 UTC 2018

On Fri, 8 Jun 2018 18:18:19 -1100
Mirimir <mirimir at riseup.net> wrote:

> Just save that as a text file, and send it to me as an attachment.
>
> Why the bloody hell someone would target users of this list in that way
> is bizarre. And why you? Rather than me, who is admittedly an outspoken
> jerk sometimes ;)

I got one too, when posting here quite some time ago (1 year+).

It was very bizarre so my prime guess was they might be targeting some buffer
overflow vulnerability in libjpeg (or some other OS' JPEG parser) such as [1]
with those pictures.

Since we have a couple of those posted publicly, if anyone has free time and
related experience, you could check if that's the case here.

[1]https://www.cvedetails.com/cve/CVE-2004-0200/

--
With respect,
Roman