[tor-relays] Fwd: Tor Guard Relay

Mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Sat Jun 9 05:18:19 UTC 2018

On 06/08/2018 05:03 PM, Keifer Bly wrote:
> This is one of the about 20 emails that have been received. Upon looking it
> looks like they are spoofing the [tor-relays] subject line. My apologies
> for the subject change but could not find a way to forward the emails
> without forwarding them from an old conversation. Thank you. (The subject
> this is in reference to is "Spam Emails Received From This Mailing List").

OK, so they're just using subject lines from the list. And not spoofing
the from address.

But what you forwarded doesn't include the headers. By googling, I get this:

| 1) Open the message in your Gmail inbox.
| 2) Click the down-arrow in the top-right corner of the message.
| 3) Click the "Show original" link toward the bottom of the options
|    box. The message will open in a separate window with the full
|    message headers at the top.

Just save that as a text file, and send it to me as an attachment.

Why the bloody hell someone would target users of this list in that way
is bizarre. And why you? Rather than me, who is admittedly an outspoken
jerk sometimes ;)