[tor-relays] Spam Emails Received From This Mailing List

Keifer Bly keifer.bly at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 00:24:36 UTC 2018

Hello fellow relay operators,

My apologies as this is not related to tor relays, however, there seems to be several spammers subscribed to the relay list. Every time I am involved in a discussion on this list, I receive 3-5 emails supposedly from girls wanting to meet up (for sex). The emails in question claim they are sent from email address tor-relays at lists.torproject.org (and always have the same email subject of the discussion I was involved in).

I am somewhat in a trap as blocking them with spam filters would block all emails sent from the relay lists address. I am wondering what could be done about this (the email provider in question is Gmail).

Thank you.