[tor-relays] FYI: Subpoena Received

IPfail (Tor Admin) tor-admin at ip.fail
Fri Jun 8 05:42:26 UTC 2018

FYI, I received a subpoena from a US based court to produce information about individual(s) who were using one of our exit nodes at a specific date/time.  In the nearly 3 months that these exits have been in operation, this is the first subpoena and only the second complaint received.  For purposes of documenting the approximate ratio of "complaints / traffic processed", these nodes have handled ~515TB and are using the recommended reduced exit policy.
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/ReducedExitPolicy