[tor-relays] Tor Guard Relay

Keifer Bly keifer.bly at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 18:42:51 UTC 2018

Hello, I have one question.

I have been running my relay “torland” at

http://torstatus.blutmagie.de/router_detail.php?FP=db1af6477bb276b6ea5e72132684096eee779d30

For roughly 3 months now (I am unsure exactly how many days). While my relay is marked “fast” and “stable” currently, it has never been marked as a “guard” relay. I believe being a “guard” relay requires at least 10mb/s for relay speed, but am wondering, do I need to configure my torrc file to allow it to be used as a guard relay and are there any risks for doing this (like there are in running in exit relay)? Thank you.