[tor-relays] Inbound-outbound connexion ratio in tor

torix at protonmail.com torix at protonmail.com
Tue Jun 5 18:06:32 UTC 2018

Dear List,

Since I started running Tor 0.3.2.10 a few months ago, I tend to have 2 to 3 times the number of inbound connexions as outbound, as reported by nyx.  I am running a middle relay on Debian, no special anything.  Right now, for instance my inbound connexions are 2345, outbound are 861.

The numbers never quite used to match, which made sense, because of tor overhead, but in a middle relay wouldn't they generally be about the same?

Just wondering,

--Torix