[tor-relays] Moving Tor Files - Backing Up Tor Software On Macos

Keifer Bly keifer.bly at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 10:06:47 UTC 2018

Hi,

So I am trying to backup my relay software (torrc file, relay
fingerprint, etc) using my file backup application. However, there is a
problem.

The macos operating system only allows accessing the /usr/local/, where
tor is saved via the Go -> Go to folder option and does not allow it to
be found via the finder no matter what, which my backup application
(google backup and sync) requires.

I tried running defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles true
as both the normal and sudo user and restarted the computer and finder,
and this did nothing.

Is it possible to move the tor files to a place where they would be
accessible via the Finder or is there a known workaround for this?

The software version is tor 0.3.3.9 on macos 10.13.6. Thanks very much.