[tor-relays] bridge not accessible through obfs4 port

caioau tor caioau_tor at riseup.net
Fri Jul 13 14:23:55 UTC 2018

I had the same problem, you can connect to your bridge by two means:

1. through orport, the bridge line should be:

<ip>:<Orport>

without obfs4 in the beginning.

2. through obfs4: you need to find out your bridge line, it's under
/var/lib/tor/pt_state/obfs4_bridgeline.txt
the line is like this

obfs4 <IP ADDRESS>:<PORT> <FINGERPRINT> cert= iat-mode=0

now the port is the obfs4 port

hope this helps

On 13-07-2018 12:24, entensaison at use.startmail.com wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> I am uncuccessfully running a bridge that uses obfs4 as pluggable
> transport. (At least it should.)
> Today I actually tried to connect to it and it is possible to connect
> to the bridge using the ORport.
> But when I tried to start tor browser with this setting to use obfs4:
>
> obfs4 12.345.67.89:1111 (only with the right numbers)
>

> it got stuck at "establishing an encrypted network connection".
> I checked on canyouseeme.org and both the vanilla ORport and the obfs4
> port seem to be accessible from outside.
>
> My router is set to allow TCP and UDP on the port for obfs4.
>
> What could be causing the problem?
>
> Cheers,
> Lo
>

> Am Mittwoch, 11. Juli 2018 um 20:47 schrieb Keifer Bly <keifer.bly at gmail.com>:
>
>> > In comparison how much bandwidth would a Tor bridge user per month?
>>
>> It would be tough to give an exact answer to that is it depends on how many people are connecting through your specific bridge. However in general the bandwidth requirements would be much less, as bridges are used for mostly areas where the tor network is blocked whereas one of the exit relays is used by every client that uses tor at all.
>>
>> You can find more information on this topic here
>>

>>> https://metrics.torproject.org/stats.html
>>
>> This page contains information about how much traffic different types of relays generally send and receive over time, etc.
>>
>> PS, my apologies if this comes through twice for some reason. My email client is acting a bit strange at the moment.
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 9:04 AM Nathaniel Suchy <me at lunorian.is> wrote:
>>> Hi. I would like to run a public OBFS4 Tor Bridge. Digitalocean’s price changes made running an exit too expensive. In comparison how much bandwidth would a Tor bridge use per month?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Nathaniel