[tor-relays] Thoughts on automatically updating tor software on macos High Sierra

Keifer Bly keifer.bly at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 03:50:25 UTC 2018

Tried that twice now and it has not worked. It’s strange, the error terminal returns when trying to launch the script to upgrade tor is this

iMac:~ oldimac$ launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/starttorupgrade.plist
/Library/LaunchDaemons/starttorupgrade.plist: Path had bad ownership/permissions

This is very odd. I set the permissions to read and write for all users, but yet this error is still happening. I changed the permissions for the whole lanchdaemons folder as well and still no resolve to this. I even tried signing into the root user in Terminal to see if that would resolve the issue, it did not.

Here is the code for the two scripts I wrote, they were too big to send as attachments. Perhaps I am doing something wrong? I do not know.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

    <key>Label</key>

    <string>com.oldimac.upgradetor</string>

    <key>ProgramArguments</key>

    <array>

        <string>/Library/LaunchDaemons/upgradetor.plist </string>

    </array>

    <key>StartInterval</key>

    <integer>80000</integer>

</dict>