[tor-relays] tor alpha users: if you are still running 0.3.3.5-rc..

Pascal Terjan pterjan at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 18:48:02 UTC 2018

On 7 July 2018 at 19:42, nusenu <nusenu-lists at riseup.net> wrote:
>>> bonus points if you want to share
>>> the reason why you had a misconfigured sources.list
>>> file (maybe we can improve / avoid that somewhere)
>>
>> I had the problem on one of my relays because I was running "apt-get
>> update && apt-get upgrade" which had the update part return an error
>> because the tor-experimental-0.3.3.x source now returns a 404, so
>> upgrade was not called
>
> so you are saying you where stuck at 0.3.3.5-rc because you didn't
> have all the lines in sources.list?

I had all the lines
Because the repository no longer exists and apt-get update returns an
error if any source is broken, my script stopped there and didn't try
to update anything

> the interesting part would be, how did you end up with that
> configuration since the official documentation is clear about it.
> Did you use a 3th party guide? if so could you point us to it?

I used https://www.torproject.org/docs/debian.html.en, which still
lists the broken repository for if selecting tor-experimental-0.3.3.x
in the dropdown