[tor-relays] Is a relay on mobile broadband possible in Australia?

Keifer Bly keifer.bly at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 05:05:08 UTC 2018

In the torrc file, type QRPort then a space then the port number you want to run your relay on.

If you haven’t, make sure the port you choose is configured for port forwarding on your router (or firewall if your using one). In some brands of router, I know apple and Netgear made routers, the port may not be blocked, but not configured for port forwarding which is required for relays to send and receive information to and from the tor network. To make sure this is not the issue, i would recommend creating a router / firewall rule to allow port forwarding on which port number your trying to run your relay on. Cheers.