[tor-relays] Is a relay on mobile broadband possible inAustralia?

Keifer Bly keifer.bly at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 03:13:21 UTC 2018

> Would anyone have had any luck running a relay via mobile broadband in Australia?

The tor relay software requires a computer (not cellphone) OS like Linux or macOS, the software will not run on a cellphone. It’s also recommended you have an at least decently fast internet connection.

In short, running your relay off a computer and ISP internet connection is far more likely to work. Do you mean it is the cellphone company that is supplying your internet connection?

If your ISP  or cellphone company is charging based on how much data you are using in a certain time, running a relay will be very expensive for you I am sorry to say. I would absolutely recommend you instead try to run your relay in an area where the ISP charges based on how much speed you purchase (which is pretty standard in the US).