[tor-relays] Turning down my relay from DigitalOcean

gerard at bulger.co.uk gerard at bulger.co.uk
Mon Jul 2 17:24:45 UTC 2018

So far, for a year now https://www.1and1.com/ (co.uk) have ignored my exit mycontribution.  They must know it is there as have logged in, let alone seen the traffic.

2.90 TB a month.

Their help desk told me “it’s your server, you can do what you like” so I took them at their word.

My exit limits the risky ports, and has a limited range port 80 networks open.   So far, touching wood, despite many open ports, I have not one abuse letter or any sort.

I am not sure why restricting port 80 seems to have a magical effect on abuse reports while 443 is wide open. Perhaps 1&1 have enough sense to bin reports.

The 1&1 T&Cs do not seem to exclude Tor specifically nor relays in proxies.  Only one line in T&Cs banning “defeating identification procedures”, but that would seem to include a lot that protects  e commerce  or by using any encryption or any VPN, so I think meaningless, unless they are referring to my identification.

Gerry