[tor-relays] Contact info obfscation

alkyl at riseup.net alkyl at riseup.net
Mon Jul 2 06:23:00 UTC 2018

Keifer Bly:
> Will doing this make it more difficult for spammers to reach my address?

Yes. However, I think you should consider publishing your unobfuscated
email address, for clarity and convenience to those who are legitimately
trying to contact you.

I don't obfuscate my email address in the ContactInfo field, and I
receive at most a few handfuls of spam messages per month. Most of these
are caught by my email provider's spam filter, which I already have set
to its least aggressive setting possible.

alkyl