[tor-relays] No graph update for my relay in ATLAS

Andreas Krey a.krey at gmx.de
Fri Jan 26 07:23:39 UTC 2018

On Fri, 26 Jan 2018 08:40:46 +0000, teor wrote:
> > Clients address guards by their IP address, and they try hard
> > to only talk to their selected guard. If that guards hops to
> > another address, they have no chance of noticing that and
> > need to select another one.
>
> When the client gets the new descriptor (1-4 hours after each change),
> it will use the new IP address. Until then, the client would use its other
> primary guard.

Obviously, I need to read up on the spec before making comments.

> This is probably why your relay does not have the stable and guard flags.

That isn't my node we're talking about here.

But mine (5B1F0DAF378A1FAFCFD5FA9CDC66D1023DC0276E) lost guard status
as well in december, and I have no idea as to why either - except
possibly because of running a non-recommended tor version (i.e. too
bleeding edge release branch state). That is fixed since two weeks or so,
and the addresses never changed.

Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."