[tor-relays] No graph update for my relay in ATLAS

Andreas Krey a.krey at gmx.de
Thu Jan 25 18:18:53 UTC 2018

On Thu, 25 Jan 2018 19:06:40 +0000, Peter Ott wrote:
> release upgrade-. A change of the IP-adress seems to be handled fine by TOR.

That is only true for the client side.

> This change by the ISP occurs at least every 3 days or so).

Clients address guards by their IP address, and they try hard
to only talk to their selected guard. If that guards hops to
another address, they have no chance of noticing that and
need to select another one.

That makes your node pretty useless as a guard, and it shouldn't
be elevated to guard status.

- Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."