[tor-relays] Onionoo bandwidth recording stopped?

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 08:56:11 UTC 2018

> On 20 Jan 2018, at 18:17, Ralph Wetzel <theonionbox at gmx.com> wrote:
>
> Good morning!
> I recently discovered, that the latest bandwidth record of my relay (97FC02820912441BC2DFE3ACF433E455714B0AF5) availabe from onionoo.torproject.org for the scale of '1 months' and '3 months' is quite old, from "2018-01-12 10:00:00".
> I've validated this as well with the data available from the hidden service onionoo servers - same result.
> metrics.torproject.org seems to display a similar picture - yet it's a bit difficult to estimate from the charts.
> The node is stated as 'running' (and it was for the whole time) and the weights data is available (low score but score). There's 'noticeable' traffic running through this relay - of same amount as always before.
> Any idea what's going wrong here? Can I fix this - or is it a network issue?

We deliberately report bandwidth less often in recent Tor versions.
We think less detailed bandwidths make it harder to find onion service guards.

We need to fix Onionoo to process the new bandwidths:

If you want more detailed graphs, you can run Nyx or any other bandwidth
monitor on your relay machine.